Are you someone who seems to get every bug that makes it's way around the city when the cold weather comes?
Here are a few tips to boost your immune system:
- Limit or completely avoid intake of refined sugar. Sugar hugely inhibits the immune system.
- Exercise regularly.
- Receive weekly acupuncture treatments for 6-8 weeks before cold and flu season. Specific acupuncture points can boost the immune function.
- Find ways to manage stress. Stress inhibits immune function.
- Make sure you are getting proper sleep. Ask me how if you are having trouble.
- Ask about herbal medicine for an immune boost. Certain herbs given before cold season can prevent colds.
- Take the zinc challenge test in our office. A simple in-office test can screen for zinc deficiency. Zinc deficiency is widespread and is a common factor in a deficient immune system.
- For goodness sake, wash your hands!
- Eat regular, warm, home-cooked meals. In Chinese medicine, the digestive tract and diet is closely related to the function of the respiratory system. Lung problems like colds and flus and a weakened defensive system can stem from improper digestive function.