Kendra Lay, AP, ACN
Kendra Lay, AP, LAc, ACN
- Jacksonville, Florida Licensed Acupuncture Physician
- Nationally Certified in Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine
- Master's Degree in Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine
- Postgraduate Certification in Applied Clinical Nutrition
Welcome! My name is Kendra and I'm passionate about restoring balance and health to my patients' lives. I want to be your partner in helping you to heal on a deep level which includes mind, body and spirit. As your practitioner I will commit to listening carefully to you and honoring your wishes when it comes to your health.
I hold a master's degree in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine from the AOMA Graduate School of Integrative Medicine, a regionally accredited school for natural medicine in Austin, TX. The classes at AOMA are taught by Medical Doctors, Doctors of Chinese Medicine, Chiropractors and Naturopathic Doctors. The four-year program of study includes training in western diagnosis, pathology and treatment, acupuncture, herbal medicine, nutrition, bodywork and mind-body exercises such as tai chi and qigong. I am a diplomate of the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine (located right here in Jacksonville, FL!)--certified in both acupuncture and herbal medicine.
I also hold a postgraduate certification in Applied Clinical Nutrition from the Texas Chiropractic College. My approach to health is inspired by western functional medicine, clinical nutrition, herbalism, Chinese medicine and naturopathic approaches to health.
My undergraduate degree is in Interdisciplinary Humanities from the University of West Florida in Pensacola. Before practicing natural medicine I was an AmeriCorps VISTA national service volunteer and a fund-raising professional for non-profit organizations in Portland, Oregon. I am a North Florida Native, born and raised in Tallahassee.
I grew up in a family that used natural treatments and methods - including acupuncture, chiropractic, nutrition and herbal medicine - as the primary form of medical care. I became a natural health care provider out of a deep desire to help people feel at their best and avoid pharmaceutical drugs and surgeries whenever possible. I feel so fortunate to be able to practice natural medicine, because I use it myself and see its power and effectiveness. I also see how effective and helpful it can be when assisting and complementing conventional medical care.
Here is a sampling of Continuing education training I've completed in addition to my master's degree and clinical nutrition certification:
- Functional Blood Chemistry Analysis, January 2013
- Understanding Adrenal and Thyroid Physiology and Common Dysfunctions, February 2014
- Acupuncture and In-Vitro Fertilization: Safe and Effective Strategies to Improve Pregnancy Outcomes, February 2015
- AcuPro Complete Prenatal to Postpartum Acupuncture Series, November 2015
- Metabolic Syndrome and PCOS: Integrated Treatment Strategies that Work, March 2016
- Microbiome & Gut Health in Clinical Practice, February, 2016
- A Functional Medicine Approach to Endocrine and Autoimmune Disorders, August 2016
- Motor Point Orthopedic Acupuncture, February 2017
- Pediatric Acupuncture Fundamentals, February 2017
- Autoimmune Disease and the Microbiome, August 2017
- Treatment of Unexplained Infertility with Acupuncture and Herbs, October 2018
- Consequences of a Mismatched Stress Response in the 21st Century, May 2019
- A Functional Medicine Approach to Autoimmunity, November 2019
Kendra's Specializations & Memberships
I enjoy treating a wide variety of ailments in my practice but I have a special passion for working with mental and emotional health, including chronic stress, anxiety and depression. I also greatly enjoy assisting couples going through IVF procedures as well as treating women's health concerns such as endometriosis, painful periods and hormonal imbalances.
Rosemarie Allen, AP, PTA, MT
- Jacksonville, Florida Licensed Acupuncture Physician
- Master's Degree in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Jacksonville, Florida Licensed Physical Therapy Assistant
- Swedish Massage Therapy Training from Alpha School of Massage
- Tuina (Chinese Medical Massage) Specialist
Rosemarie Allen is a graduate of The Florida College of Integrative Medicine in Orlando, Florida, where she earned a Master of Science in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine and a Bachelor of Science in Allied Health Studies. She also earned an Associate of Science in Physical Therapy and is a Florida licensed Physical Therapy Assistant as well as a Florida licensed Acupuncture Physician. Additionally, she studied Swedish Massage Therapy at Alpha School of Massage Therapy here in Jacksonville, Florida and also specialized in Tuina, a form of Chinese Medical Massage. She has an insatiable hunger for learning and as a result has invested in Continuing Education spanning a variety of courses over the years. She was recently inducted as a member of the 2018 International HealthCare Professionals and named one of the Top Acupuncturists in Jacksonville, Florida.
Rosemarie has over 25 years of combined experience in the healthcare industry and a variety of studies including Swedish Massage Therapy, Tuina Massage therapy, Cupping Therapy, Chinese Tongue and Pulse Diagnosis, Reiki Therapy, Electro-Therapeutic Point Stimulation (ETPS), Quantum Reflex Analysis and many more.
Rosemarie has the unique ability of melding together her various studies and experiences which allows her to offer effective, result oriented treatments for a variety of patients and conditions. She is passionate about helping others to live their best life, pain free and in a harmonious manner. Rosemarie strongly believes that the Body, Mind and Spirit must be treated as one unit in order to achieve true wellness. Working in the healthcare industry over the years she has mastered the art of listening to her patients and have also learned that people don’t care how much you know, until they know how much you care. Her treatments are inspired through leading with her heart.
Rosemarie specializes in women's health and fertility enhancement. She also greatly enjoys using her unique skillset to treat chronic and acute pain by combining her acupuncture, physical therapy and massage backgrounds.